At this time of year, it is common for fan heaters to be brought into the workplace.
Whilst this is not an issue, often they’re plugged into extension sockets, which lead to the overloading of extension leads.
Most extension leads are rated at 13A, although some are 10A, the rating being marked on the extension itself.
If a fan heater rated at 8-9A is plugged into an extension lead, with other appliances already plugged in, it can overload it causing it to overheat and possibly cause a fire.
It is never good practice to plug any high power rated appliances into an extension lead or indeed to plug another extension into an extension.
In addition, it’s not good practice to use block adapters as they are also easily overloaded and the 2 way adapters are not fused.
Always plug heaters directly into wall sockets to avoid the problem of overloading.